What is a Mobile Computer?
End users often raise questions about mobile computing/Touch computing such as, "What is a mobile computer/Touch computer? whether a wireless barcode scanner/reader, tablet, or smart phone? Or any such mobile device used for scanning data’s or data capturing?" The answers may shock you. Like wireless scanners, mobile computers scan barcodes and capture data. They both support multiple interface options and come in various sizes, specifications, features, shapes, and styles. But that’s where the similarities end.
We Are Mobile Computer dealers. Mobile Computer (which is also known as a portable data collector or portable data terminal) similar to PC and scanning functions into a single device that can be suited with off-the-shelf or custom android/windows (OS) software applications that perform daily tasks, such as monitoring deliveries, tracking assets, warehouse management and managing inventory. Because mobile computers run on familiar operating systems such as Windows, Android, and Linux, they offer the same functionality as a desktop computer or laptop. This enables your mobile workforce to improve productivity from any location. These powerful and rugged processors are equipped with a barcode scan engine and act as their own host, which means you can instantly update and edit information as you capture it. You can also:
- Securely access programs or databases stored in the cloud or your office using the latest Wi-Fi technologies such as 802.11 a/b/g/n.
- Use the advantage of high-speed WLAN or WWAN networks, such as the 4G HSPA+ worldwide network or the 3.5G EVDO/CDMA network
- We can opt for additional memory using expandable card slots
- Accurately pinpoint the locations of employees, assets, and businesses with optional GPS capabilities
- Easily sync with modems, printers, and headsets using Bluetooth wireless connectivity
- Always stay connected via phone using integrated cellular service.
Mobile computers are categorized in the following types:
- Handheld – Small, yet durable, devices that extend organizational knowledge into the field by combining scanning and processing functions into a single device.
- Wearable – Wearable devices that come equipped with the latest voice technology for streamlined picking, packing, and shipping.
- Vehicle-mounted – Rugged mobile workstations that attach to industrial vehicles such as trucks, fork-lifts, and carts.
- Tablets – Handheld computers that securely transfer data over high-speed networks using the familiar design and functionality of consumer tablets while enjoying the durability of enterprise scanning devices
- Smart phones – Small devices outfitted with processing, scanning, and cellular functionality for true all-in-one mobility
- Hazardous environment - Certified handheld computers specifically designed for environments where the potential for explosions is present; includes both intrinsically safe and non-destructive devices.